The 43rd CERN School of Computing (CSC) is organized in collaboration with University of Science and Technology (AGH), together with Institute of Nuclear Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences (IFJ PAN).
The two week programme consists of more than 50 hours of lectures and hands-on exercises, covering three main themes: physics computing, software engineering, and data technologies.
- Introduction to Physics Computing
- Data Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Data Science tools for interactive exploration
- Software Design in the Many-Cores Era
- Tools and Techniques
- Creating Secure Software
- Data Management
- Data and Storage Technologies
- Data Visualization
- Heterogeneous Programming
- When Internet history meets philosophy
- Future of the Universe and of Humanity
Optional CUDA training
- Fundamentals of Accelerated Computing with CUDA C/C++
Students who pass the final examination will receive a diploma from CSC, as well as 6 ECTS credits from AGH / IFJ PAN.
The School is aimed at postgraduate (minimum bachelor degree or equivalent) engineers and scientists, working at CERN or at other research institutes, with experience in particle physics, computing or related fields. We welcome applicants of all nationalities, and encourage all qualified persons to apply. Limited financial support may be available.