The 12th Thematic CERN School of Computing (tCSC 2023) will take place on 11-17 June 2023. The academic programme will focus on Scientific Software for Heterogeneous Architectures, covering areas ranging from computer architectures to parallel and optimised software, and heterogeneous programming (CPU, GPU, HPC …).
tCSC 2023 is organized in collaboration with the University of Split Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture (FESB) and is hosted at the Mediterranean Institute For Life Sciences (MedILS) Conference Centre. The Centre is a historical building situated in a wooded and landscaped park, located on the Adriatic Sea coast, a few kilometers from the center of Split.
Technologies and Platforms
- Introduction to efficient computing
- Hardware evolution and heterogeneity
- Data-oriented design
- Summary and future technologies overview
Parallel and Optimised Scientific Software
- Writing parallel software
- Modern programming languages for HEP
- Optimizing existing large codebase
- Practical vectorization
Programming for Heterogeneous Architectures
- Scientific computing on heterogeneous architectures
- Programming for GPUs
- Performant programming for GPUs
- Design patterns and best practices
- Preparing for the HL-LHC computational challenge
- Student presentations session
The School is aimed at postgraduate (minimum bachelor degree or equivalent) students, engineers and scientists with few years experience in particle physics, computing or related fields. We welcome applicants of all nationalities and encourage all qualified persons to apply. Limited financial support may be available.